Pages

Friday, November 5, 2021

My creative wiriting

Recently in English class, we have been writing a creative writing piece on a risk or a challenge. The risk or challenge I choose was if you were cliff diving.

Here is my writing
 
I truly thought I was going to die. I was sitting on the edge with my feet dangling off. As I looked down I could see a mixture of rocks and rough waves colliding against the cliff wall. It was absolutely terrifying. I stood up and pulled myself away from the cliff edge, away from the danger.

How was I really about to jump? I couldn’t convince myself to get closer to the edge. I knew that I couldn’t quit now. I had already told my friends that I was going to jump. What would I tell them if I backed out? What would they think? Would we even be able to stay friends? This was a huge issue as many different outcomes and thoughts rushed through my head.

I was sweating. My palms were flooded. The sweat rolled down my arms and back. My ears were hurting from the sharp cold wind swirling around me. My body wasn’t ready for the pain it was about to go through.

I take a step closer to the cliff edge. I look down, planning out how far I need to jump. Suddenly a stupid thought came to me. I was going to do a trick. Out of all the things that I was thinking why did tricks stand out? I knew I could do at least a flip but from this height, really? I start a countdown in my head. 5! 4! 3! 2! Heads! someone shouts in the distance. A ball lands next to me as I stand in confusion. Huh? I kick the ball back to them and continue my countdown this time without distractions. 1! …   Ahhhhh!. I was soaring towards the water. Just as I’m about to hit the water I remember the trick I was going to do. I jolt myself forward trying to do a roll when… Smack!

My stomach was fully red and vomit was filling up, some even rolling down the side of my cheek. I was at a loss for words as my vocabulary was filled up with a mixture of groans, and cries. Just when I thought it couldn’t get any worse, huge waves started coming at me. I couldn’t swim away. I was barely staying above the water. I needed my arms to hold my stomach. It truly felt like it would explode the moment I moved. I quickly duck under the wave. Good thing there was only one, so I thought. Many more waves start rushing at me. I forced myself to swim. I swam so quickly I was like a torpedo. It was pretty impressive. I got to shore when I remember my stomach, it was soo sore I could barely move. I don’t think I would have been able to without the adrenaline boost from the jump

I lay there on the shore looking up at the cliff I had just jumped from. I can’t believe what I have done. It looked massive. I really jumped; belly-flopped, all from that height. How did I even survive?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please structure your comments as follows:
Positive - Something done well
Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what they had to say
Helpful - Give some ideas for next time or Ask a question you want to know more about